Friday, May 6, 2011

Global Decor

So lately I've been fixated on Moroccan decor, and have been decorating my new room with colorful Saris and glass lanterns. I love the beautiful, silky fabrics and bright colors.  I'd like to make it a more global feel, with touches from Asia, safari/animal decor, and old world America/European glimpses as well. I'm excited for the challenge of making it all work together, without making it too costumey or over-the-top. I wish I had more room for pieces I've found...

I love using room dividers for additional texture or color punches.

I also love re-cycling items for different purposes
This beautiful Moroccan chest can be used as a dresser, in an entry way, for a tv stand, etc. If I hadn't already bought a nightstand I'd be all over this one selling on craigslist.

And lastly for tonight, I love old steamer trunks for old world feel for bedroom storage and/or coffee tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment